Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

This is precisely why we need a Tourist Information Centre in Cardiff


Our Guest Blogger is Tony Lloyd CEO of The Difflomats

www.facebook.com/difflomats?ref=ts&fref=ts


Yesterday, whilst walking through Cardiff city centre, I saw a grey-haired fellow taking a photo of Duke Street Arcade. I asked if he was a visitor, and explained that Cardiff was 'The City of Arcades' and that he must see Castle Arcade. Taken aback, but warming to the idea, he told me he was Alfred de Bono from Qormi in Malta. He walked alongside me and liked Castle Arcade.

 I told him that I was a DIFFLOMAT, and he asked me lots of questions.

He had needed a Tourist Information Office. Not finding one, he had wandered around for two days, almost aimlessly.

 He said he was so glad to have met me, and wished he'd done so, two days before. I gave him a list of must-sees and took him to Shop Wales, as he had wanted souvenirs. He shared that he'd come to Wales to run in a marathon: the Tenby Marathon on Sunday, but also wanted to see our capital. He was well into his sixties, and Tenby would be his 15th marathon. I gave him my card and bade him farewell.

 THURSDAY/DYDD IAU: Whilst sitting town chatting with my Malaysian friend, Joseph, I see Alfred walking our way. He was surprised that I called out to him, "Hey, Alfred de Bono from Malta!" He burst into a smile and said, "I was just thinking of you Tony, thinking I'd never see you again, and here you are!" He wanted me to take some photos, as he'd liked the ones I'd composed of him, the day before. I then showed him City Hall, the National War Memorial and Bute Gardens.

 We bade farewell, yet again ! Now, someone will return to Malta with a very positive view of Cardiff, despite not finding the TIC !


https://www.facebook.com/difflomats?ref=ts&fref=ts



COMMENT FROM FLYCARDIFF

A capital city without a Tourist Information Centre. What does that say about Cardiff and its standing ?

No comments:

Post a Comment